[Tkinter-discuss] update of elements in GUI

Alex Ter-Sarkissov sigma.z.1980 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 02:24:35 CEST 2010

thanks guys, this does seem to work...nevertheless, since I'm quite new to
both python and gui design, one more question: how would I do the same, but
launching the counter at the click of the button? I tried (from Firat's last
example)

def increment(*args):    var.set(var.get()+1)    root.after(1000, increment)

but1=Button(text="click me", command=increment)
but1.grid()

but without any success.

cheers!