[Tkinter-discuss] update of elements in GUI

Alex Ter-Sarkissov sigma.z.1980 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 05:44:11 CEST 2010

Ok, it actually seems to work, apart from one thing: what if I need to
update an array, rather than a single element? I mean, each iteration I
store an array, then use it the next iteration (naturally, the first array
is generated randomly). This worked for the counter:

   1. def run(*args):
   2.     n=0;master=mainframe
   3.     best.set('test # %d' % (n))
   4.     n += 1
   5.     if n <= 10:
   6.         mainframe.after(1000, run, n, master)

but when I do the same for a matrix, I get the computer either hung or some
errors. Ususally, I run a loop for G generations within the function, but in
this example the
algorithm itself restarts G times. Any ideas how to handle this?

Sorry for being messy, it's just the ONLY thing that I can't make work here,
everything is is just fine)

thanks