[Tkinter-discuss] Entry Widget that can't enter into at first.

wet_colored)arch wet_colored_arch at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 24 09:51:32 CEST 2010

Hi,

  Its always better if you provide code which can be run. Reduce
out all irrelevant code. (often this process shows you the problem
in your code).

If you have an askyesno dialogue open, that hogs the keyboard,
so you cannot type to another window while it is open.

Mick

that the askyesno takes priority.]

The code is intended to bring in an image and place it on a canvas, and
allow the user to mark locations on the image with their mouse.  You will
need a small jpg or other to run the code when requested by askfilename.
The entry field is to allow for extraneous comment.  I am having trouble
with this entry field.

I cannot
1) enter content into the entry field without first trying to quit and then
cancelling - I cannot expect the user to do this because it is not
intuitive.  I should be able to enter the entry field immediately if I want
to.
2) I cannot seem to get the radio button to default to something I want..
instead it has all buttons marked when the gui comes up.

[disclosure: code leveraged from Lutz]

http://old.nabble.com/file/p29519501/artID_ver03_shortened.py
artID_ver03_shortened.py