[Tkinter-discuss] Entry Widget that can't enter into at first.

Michael Lange klappnase at web.de
Tue Aug 24 10:41:42 CEST 2010

Hi,

Thus spoketh "wet_colored)arch" <wet_colored_arch at yahoo.com>
unto us on Tue, 24 Aug 2010 00:51:32 -0700 (PDT):

> I cannot
> 1) enter content into the entry field without first trying to quit and
> then cancelling - I cannot expect the user to do this because it is not
> intuitive.  I should be able to enter the entry field immediately if I
> want to.

I cannot reproduce this here, as soon as the file dialog is closed I can
click into the entry and type something in.

> 2) I cannot seem to get the radio button to default to something I
> want.. instead it has all buttons marked when the gui comes up.

You need to define a value for the radiobutton's variable, otherwise all
buttons will be "off" when instantiated, so simply add something like

    self.var.set('key1')

to makeWidgets() .

I hope this helps

Michael

Not one hundred percent efficient, of course ... but nothing ever is.
		-- Kirk, "Metamorphosis", stardate 3219.8