[Tkinter-discuss] [solved] ssh login through Tkinter - problem on windows

Michael Lange klappnase at web.de
Tue Dec 14 19:38:23 CET 2010

Thus spoketh Michael Lange <klappnase at web.de>
unto us on Tue, 14 Dec 2010 17:33:15 +0100:

Ok, I can confirm now it was a problem with the ssh install; I tried
cygwin's ssh as replacement for Copssh, which then complained "unable to
create directory /home/klappnase/.ssh" , obviously because there was
no /home/klappnase , so I created this and now it works.
I guess that it was the same problem with Copssh, though I can't remember
that it gave me such an enlightening error message, but maybe I just
missed it.
Still it's weird that it worked without Tk, which by the way didn't happen
with cygwin's ssh.

Regards

Michael

Four thousand throats may be cut in one night by a running man.
		-- Klingon Soldier, "Day of the Dove", stardate unknown