[Tkinter-discuss] Ideas for user interface to allow users to change order of ttk.Notebook pages/tabs?

Michael Lange klappnase at web.de
Wed Dec 15 11:50:25 CET 2010

Hi,

Thus spoketh python at bdurham.com
unto us on Wed, 15 Dec 2010 00:30:12 -0500:

> I'm using the ttk.Notebook widget to manage a list of open files.
> I create and destroy tabs as a user opens and closes files.
>
> I would like to offer my users a way to change the order of the
> notebook tabs. Ideally I would like my users to be able to drag
> and drop tabs like they do in Firefox, but I can't see a way to
> do this with the events exposed by the Notebook widget. Since
> drag and drop is not available to us, what do you think might be
> an intuitive user (Tkinter/ttk-based) interface for allowing
> users to reorder their tabs?

It should not be too hard to set up a drag and drop interface for this
with Tkdnd.

Regards

Michael

You'll learn something about men and women -- the way they're supposed
to be.  Caring for each other, being happy with each other, being good
to each other.  That's what we call love.  You'll like that a lot.
		-- Kirk, "The Apple", stardate 3715.6