[Tkinter-discuss] Techniques for creating tables/grids (was When to use a Canvas vs. a Frame from a container perspective?)

python at bdurham.com python at bdurham.com
Mon Dec 20 17:41:11 CET 2010

Cameron,
			.
> While many valuable applications have been coded through the years using exactly this cell-in-Text technique, and the code above nicely demonstrates the promised scrolling, those focused on spreadsheet-like constructs will want to know about <URL: http://tkinter.unpythonic.net/wiki/TkTable >.

What is your opinion on using the new ttk Treeview control to implement
multi-cell tables and grids?

My understanding is that one can configure the Treeview control as a
single level, multi-column list/grid and then float a borderless
Toplevel window with an input widget over the current Treeview "cell" to
allow for input? Disclaimer: I haven't tried this yet.

Malcolm