[Tkinter-discuss] Transparent backgrounds in widgets?

Wayne Werner waynejwerner at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 22:04:49 CET 2010

Hi,

Is it possible to create say, a checkbutton widget with a transparent
background? I'm trying to take an image and put some checkbuttons on it so I
can mark certain locations (like on a map). I'll be using the canvas widget
and placing the checkbuttons on the canvas, but when I do they have the
horrid background. I can change the color of the background, but I would
much prefer having a transparent one.

Is this possible to do with the standard widgets or do I have to roll my
own?

Thanks,
Wayne