[Tkinter-discuss] menu bug

Nemes Andrei teh_sh_meister at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 9 02:38:18 CET 2010

Hi!
I am trying to make a menu that uses small icons as well as text, but when I open the main menu, the icon in the pull down menu is not correctly displayed until I hoover over it. Could someone please be so kind to tell me what's wrong and how can I solve this. Image with error attached (or viewable at http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9429/bugft.jpg)
Thank you.

menu code:
        #building icon set
        self.info=PhotoImage(file="gui/information.gif")

        #menu init
        self.myMenu=Menu(self)

        #help menu
        self.menu_help=Menu(self.myMenu, tearoff=0)
        self.menu_help.add_command(label="Credits ", command=mda)
        self.menu_help.add_command(label="About "+name, image=self.info, compound="left", command=mda)
        self.myMenu.add_cascade(label="Help", menu=self.menu_help)

        #show menu bar
        self.config(menu=self.myMenu)

Kind regards,
Andrei Nemes