[Tkinter-discuss] touch screens

Bob Greschke bob at passcal.nmt.edu
Tue Jun 22 23:55:09 CEST 2010

We played with a touch screen display for a little while (entuative touchscreen elo monitor - no one can spell anything that makes sense anymore) and the driver for it (Windows anyway) handled all of the dirty work.  If there was a simple tkinter button on the display, and you "touched" it tkinter just reacted as if you'd used the mouse to click on it.  You didn't have to worry about the X,Y of where the user touched or anything like that.  We didn't end up using it for anything.  It was more trouble than it was worth for the operators.  They needed to not just click on buttons, but type in stuff and drag over a Listbox of stuff, etc. on a routine basis.  It would have been fine for something like a kiosk for mostly clicking on buttons.

Bob