[Tkinter-discuss] after and after_idle

Geoff Bache geoff.bache at gmail.com
Mon May 17 23:17:31 CEST 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 11:01 PM, Cameron Laird <Cameron at phaseit.net> wrote:
> On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 10:52:56PM +0200, Geoff Bache wrote:
>                        .
>                        .
>                        .
>> root.after_idle(foo)
>>
>> and
>>
>> root.after(0, foo)
>>
>> ?
>>
>> (I've noticed that if I call after_idle and re-add it at the end of my
>> callbacks then any calls to "after" have no effect, and that I can
>> work around this by doing after(0, ...) instead, but wondered if there
>> were any drawbacks to doing this.)
>                        .
>                        .
>                        .
> Does <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/9926 > help?

Hi Cameron,

Thanks for the tip, hadn't occurred to me to look for Tcl/Tk
documentation. It didn't really answer the question though and I must
admit I don't speak Tcl so didn't really follow the example (which
looked to me like it nested a call to "after" inside a call to
"after_idle", why would you want to do that?)

Regards,
Geoff