[Tkinter-discuss] How does Python's new ttk (Title) support work under Linux Qt and GTk?

Michael Lange klappnase at web.de
Fri Oct 29 21:18:37 CEST 2010

Hi,

Thus spoketh Igor Novikov <igor.e.novikov at gmail.com>
unto us on Fri, 29 Oct 2010 21:34:53 +0300:

> On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 9:16 PM, Michael Lange <klappnase at web.de> wrote:
>

> > There are also a few advanced pixmap themes available at :
> >
> >    http://tktable.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/tktable/tile-themes/
> >
> > According to
> >

> > http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/acedceb8a116b58e/ec9fb25044a68a9c
> >
> > there seem to be other themes available somewhere, and there are
> > tileqt and tilegtk available in the Tile source CVS tree, which will
> > allow you to use any Qt/Gtk theme; I never tried these, though, and I
> > don't know if you can use them with Tk8.5 instead of Tile.
> >

> You cannot use native themes like tileqt/tilegtk in Ttk widgetset
> because Ttk native API is not exposed. So you can try using pixmaps
> themes only.

Now I got curious and downloaded the tile-themes package.
It seems like I cannot use tileqt/tilegtk with Tk8.4/Tile either,
because it fails to compile. I also cannot seem to figure out how to
enable the pixmap themes, although I am sure that I successfully used
them some time ago.

Regards

Michael

In the strict scientific sense we all feed on death -- even vegetarians.
		-- Spock, "Wolf in the Fold", stardate 3615.4