[Tkinter-discuss] How does Python's new ttk (Title) support work under Linux Qt and GTk?

Igor Novikov igor.e.novikov at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 21:31:11 CEST 2010

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 10:18 PM, Michael Lange <klappnase at web.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thus spoketh Igor Novikov <igor.e.novikov at gmail.com>
> unto us on Fri, 29 Oct 2010 21:34:53 +0300:
>
> > On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 9:16 PM, Michael Lange <klappnase at web.de> wrote:
> >

> > > There are also a few advanced pixmap themes available at :
> > >
> > >    http://tktable.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/tktable/tile-themes/
> > >
> > > According to
> > >

> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/acedceb8a116b58e/ec9fb25044a68a9c
> > >
> > > there seem to be other themes available somewhere, and there are
> > > tileqt and tilegtk available in the Tile source CVS tree, which will
> > > allow you to use any Qt/Gtk theme; I never tried these, though, and I
> > > don't know if you can use them with Tk8.5 instead of Tile.
> > >

> > You cannot use native themes like tileqt/tilegtk in Ttk widgetset
> > because Ttk native API is not exposed. So you can try using pixmaps
> > themes only.
> >

> Now I got curious and downloaded the tile-themes package.
> It seems like I cannot use tileqt/tilegtk with Tk8.4/Tile either,
> because it fails to compile. I also cannot seem to figure out how to
> enable the pixmap themes, although I am sure that I successfully used
> them some time ago.

Pixmap themes should be fixed before using with Ttk in tk8.5/8.6
because they use 'tile' namespace but should be 'ttk'
To enable theme you need running following command:

widget.tk.call('lappend', 'auto_path', theme_parent_dir)   #to make theme
accessible for tk
widget.tk.call('ttk::setTheme', theme_name)                     #to set
theme using theme name

--
Regards,

Igor Novikov