[Tkinter-discuss] tkinter module

Firat Ozgul ozgulfirat at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 09:48:19 CEST 2010

Hello,

Until Python's 3.0 version, the name of the Tkinter module was "Tkinter".
Therefore we used to import this module as:

>>> import Tkinter

Starting from Python 3.0, the name of this module is "tkinter". So you
should issue the following command to import the module:

>>> import tkinter

Normally, Tkinter module is part of the Windows Python installer. You do not
need to install anything special to make Tkinter work under Windows.

Just tell us what the output of this command in your system is:

>>> import sys
>>> sys.version