[Tkinter-discuss] Python 3.1 and Tcl/Tk

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Fri Apr 29 23:57:19 CEST 2011

In article <BANLkTi=O5+rh_hDT1XjUFjMQt4302LyYnQ at mail.gmail.com>,
 Georges Arsouze <georges.arsouze at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm working under mac os 10.6.7
> Python 3.1.3 Tk version 8.4 Idle version 3.1.3
>
> when i try
> from tkinter import *
> fenetre=Tk()
> n=Notebook(fenetre)
>
> i obtain
> tkinter.TclError: can't find package tile
>
> On mailing list I have seen that I have TCl/TK 8.5
> I install this version in "/Library/Frameworks/*Tcl*.framework/Versions/8.5"
>
> I read
> http://old.nabble.com/How-can-I-tell-Tkinter-where-to-look-for-Tcl-Tk--td28329
> 846.html
>
> but i don't understand what i have to do
>
> Can you help me 5 (I'm beginning with Python)

If you are using a Python 3.1 installer from python.org, at the moment
only Aqua Tcl/Tk 8.4 is supported, not 8.5.  There is a more recent
Python 3.2 installer that does support 8.5 but beware that there are
various issues with Tk on Mac OS X.  There are more details at this web
page:

http://www.python.org/download/mac/tcltk/

--
 Ned Deily,