[Tkinter-discuss] want to build Python with Tkinter on Linux

Kevin Buchs kevin.buchs at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 21:45:40 CET 2011

I have locked-down (by others) Linux systems, so I need my own custom
install of Python (2.7). I have yet to get Tkinter working in the build
process. Python will be in a non-standard location and Tcl/Tk are in a
non-standard location.  I get these messages from a "make":

$ make
running build
running build_ext
building dbm using gdbm
INFO: Can't locate Tcl/Tk libs and/or headers

Python build finished, but the necessary bits to build these modules were
not found:
_tkinter           bsddb185           dl
imageop            sunaudiodev
To find the necessary bits, look in setup.py in detect_modules() for the
module's name.

running build_scripts

Do there exist any build instructions to direct me as to how to fix this? I
am not seeing anything in configure.

--
Kevin Buchs