[Tkinter-discuss] CX_freeze and Tkinter on Macosx with Python 2.7

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Mon Nov 7 21:15:38 CET 2011

On 11/7/11 12:29 PM, Michael O'Donnell wrote:
> I have used py2app happily for years. With the change to ActivePython 2.7.2,
> my py2app script stopped running.
>
> SystemExit: error: argv-emulation is not supported for 64-bit executables

I believe the latest version of py2app has implemented support for
argv-emulation--check the list archives at the MacPython mailing list
for details. Installing it might require downloading via the source tree
rather than an official release, but hopefully that won't present a
problem.

As I understand it, none of the other "freezing" solutions for Python
work well on the Mac--they are either half-baked, lack a signifcant
community/user base, or both.

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin