[Tkinter-discuss] scrolled canvas ,strange problem

johnmc johnmc at velseis.com
Sun Sep 4 05:26:49 CEST 2011

On Sat, 3 Sep 2011 17:31:24 +0800, contro opinion wrote
> i have written a program in tkinter to draw stock  graph,there  are two
> strange thing i  can't understand
> the  attachment is  'AAU'  data  file(attachment 1).when you download it
> ,please  save it in  /tmp/AAU
> there  is  a  scrolled  canvas  in  it ,
>
> 1.strang  long  line,please  see my  attachment.
> i  have  see  my  data  ,my  formulation ,no wrong,but the line is so long!!

I haven't analysed it thoroughly, but your horizontal scale for the data does not match
the horizontal scale for your labels or motion reporting.  The "long line" you see
actually matches the data on line 1089 in your data file.  The date on this line is
2007-02-27.

> 2.there is  no  motion  event reaction  in  the  right  of  canvas,only
> motion event  reaction in the  left  of  canvas.

The IS a motion event throughout the entire canvas.  Again, your problem seems to be
with your horizontal scale.  The far right coordinate is 5710, yet you only report the
motion to 2764, the upper limit of self.xsqueen.

> 3.i have round function ,but  the output is still  more  fractions  than  2.

Whether you round a float or not has no impact on how it is displayed as a string.  You
need to use the appropriate string formatting.  If you want two decimal places try the
following format:

%.2f rather than %f.  The rounding will also be properly handled by the string
formatting, so there will be no need to use the round function.

Regards,

John

believed to be clean.