[Tkinter-discuss] Segfault in Image.PhotoImage on OS X

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Fri Apr 27 03:20:48 CEST 2012

On 4/26/12 11:50 AM, Marc Culler wrote:
> Guessing that PIL was finding the System/Library/Frameworks/Tk.Framework instead of
> /Library/Frameworks/Tk.Framework, I tried hiding the system Tcl and Tk frameworks by
> renaming them. I was then able to create the PhotoImage and display it.
>

> I don't know where those messages come from, and I have never encountered them before.

Sometimes Tk extension libraries will link against
/System/Library/Frameworks instead of /Library/Frameworks when they are
being compiled--this can cause the kinds of conflicts and crashes that
you are seeing. The install_name_tool tool can re-link a binary to the
correct framework, see the man page.

--Kevin

--
Kevin Walzer