[Tkinter-discuss] help: _tkinter.TclError appears when calling tkMessageBox.showinfo

focalization hxs7709 at tom.com
Thu Feb 16 02:45:13 CET 2012

Hi, Michael:

Thanks a lot, the same problem appears when running the equivalent  tk code:
    $ wish
    % tk_messageBox -type ok -message "aaaaaaa" -icon info
Seems the tk does not run correctly in my environment.
If possible, please give me more clue about this problem.
I will get back to you after getting to learn more knowledge about tk:)

Best regards

> 2. In Windows, no problem appears.

from here it looks like a bug in the Tk version that comes with your
Fedora version update.
Oddly, the error message reported by Tk is the same I get here when I try
to pass an illegal option to a window's wm_attributes command. I have no
idea though why this command should be called in this context. I am not
sure which exactly is the handler in Tk that decides which command to run
when tk_messageBox is called, but it seems to do something weird here.
Maybe you can try and run directly the equivalent Tk code from a

    $ wish
    % tk_messageBox -type ok -message "aaaaaaa" -icon info

which is basically what the tkMessageBox Python module does. Does this
produce the same error?

Sent from the Python - tkinter-discuss mailing list archive at Nabble.com.