[Tkinter-discuss] PanedWindow proportional resizing of panes

Michael Lange klappnase at web.de
Thu May 10 11:36:28 CEST 2012

Hi Vasislis,

Thus spoketh Vasilis Vlachoudis <Vasilis.Vlachoudis at cern.ch>
unto us on Thu, 10 May 2012 08:57:40 +0000:

> Thank you Emiliano,
>
> stretch did the job for the resizing of the window.
>
> For resizing the columns I now recuperate the position with the
> sash_coord and sash_place.
>
> However the only think I am missing is the to have an event handler
> when the sash is moved. Is there any event that is sent when the sash
> is changed?

I have not done much testing on this, but I think that at least if you
have one widget (Frame or Listbox or so) that covers one entire pane,
there should be a <Configure> event triggered for this widget each time
its pane is being resized.

Best regards

	"I think they're going to take all this money that we spend now
on war and death --"
	"And make them spend it on life."
		-- Edith Keeler and Kirk, "The City on the Edge of
Forever", stardate unknown.