[Tkinter-discuss] Checkbutton indicatoron ignored on Mac

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Tue Oct 30 16:23:15 CET 2012

On 10/29/12 4:39 PM, Russell E. Owen wrote:

> It also shows up in tcl (e.g. paste this into wish):
> checkbutton .b -text "Foo" -indicatoron 0
> pack .b

I see the difference here between Tk-Cocoa and 8.4/Carbon. Cocoa does
indeed ignore the -indicatoron flag.  Not sure yet if this is a bug that
can be fixed or not, but I'll take a closer look at the underlying code.

> P.S. While we're on MacOS X bugs, here's another which I also reported
> to the Tcl/Tk project: the width of tk_menubutton is wrong on MacOS X
> (too narrow by several characters). Here's tcl code for that:
>
> tk_optionMenu .om omVar DC1 DC2 DC3
> .om configure -width 3 # -indicatoron 0
> pack .om

I see the clipping here, but that can be avoided by adding -fill both
-expand yes to the config flags when the menu button is packed. This is
probably a function of how Cocoa handles metrics and it may not be
something that can be fixed, but I'll see what I can find.

--Kevin

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin