[Tkinter-discuss] Tkinter for iOS (iPad//iPhone)

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Sun Mar 3 23:20:19 CET 2013

Michael O'Donnell wrote:
> But yes, I can see problems, for instance
> if you used the pack geometry manager, it is unlikely
> that iOS would use similar.

If iOS Cocoa is anything like regular Cocoa, there's
nothing remotely like it. You'd have to reimplement
the pack and grid geometry managers in their entirety,

Duplicating the exact behaviour of the text and
canvas widgets would be a lot of work, too.

> But windows are windows,
> buttons are buttons, and all GUI APIs need som way to
> specify that elements should exist, and where they are placed.

You'd think so, but from my experience with PyGUI,
it never seems to be as simple as that. And I have
the advantage that I get to design my own API.
Trying to wrap one GUI API to make it match another
existing one is even harder.

--
Greg