[Tkinter-discuss] Accessibility issues and Tkinter

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Mon Sep 2 23:56:33 CEST 2013

>    Does anyone know about issues related to getting Tkinter
> interfaces working with a "screen reader" (these programs
> that speak interface text for the sight impaired).

Tk doesn't support this. I've looked into it a bit and it seems like a
huge project to implement on a cross-platform basis. Of the x-plat
toolkits, Qt seems to the best support, which I assume PyQt would pick
up. Java also has good support but that may be outside your purview.

--Kevin

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin/Mobile Code by Kevin