[Tkinter-discuss] Is there a way to scroll Tkinter.Text widget by pixel instead of see() (which scrolls by line)?

jevan at freenet.de jevan at freenet.de
Wed Mar 18 02:49:22 CET 2015

When I type in the Text widget the text lines wrap toward  the bottom of the page, the caret reaches the bottom of the Text widget.  When I hit return, the caret dissapears out of view. When I type a  character, the view finally scrolls up one line allowing me to see the  character just typed.

See doesn't seem to want to show  this next line always, so I can't see. Is there a way scroll the Text  widget by pixel, so I can get pixel perfect scrolling?  And/or how do I get the line that get the carriage return to allways bee seen on a enter?

FYI: I am breaking each character because I have to custom process each character because the editor has several custom formating things that must occur. So the Enter is actually put in with Text.insert(), not after I have return 'break' in from the keypress event. Could this be something to do with it?

---
Alle Postfächer an einem Ort. Jetzt wechseln und E-Mail-Adresse mitnehmen! Rundum glücklich mit freenetMail