[Tkinter-discuss] Event debugging

Vasilis Vlachoudis Vasilis.Vlachoudis at cern.ch
Thu Dec 20 09:47:39 EST 2018

Simple print doesn't work, since I don't get the call.
Unfortunately when I try to simplify and isolate the widget it I cannot reproduce it.
It only appears in the whole application.

I've tried to bind also the Button-1, Release-1 and Button-2, Release-2, Double-2, 3
I get all the Button/Release calls, but I don't get any Double-X call at all.

Its a bit strange behavior, I have a big nesting of frames and PanedWindows...
.!flair.!flairtabribbonframe.!treesplitter.!frame.!frame2.!panedwindow.!frame.!filestab.!panedwindow.!frame.!colormultilistbox.!panedwindow.!frame.!exlistbox

If I remove the grand parent PanedWindow and Frame (just above the colormultistbox) then it works ok.
However it is not the PanedWindow since I replace it with a Frame then it doesn't work.
It seems it works if I remove two nestings.

Could it be some result of big nesting of widgets.

Still same version of the code on Fedora it works.

Vasilis