[Tkinter-discuss] 4k HiDPI displays and tkinter

Vasilis Vlachoudis Vasilis.Vlachoudis at cern.ch
Mon Jul 12 13:13:18 EDT 2021

Recently I've got a 4k laptop, and the first experience with linux and the 4k display is quite painful.
I am still trying to tune it but for the moment my tkinter applications do not render nicely on such a display.
- all widths like borderwidths, decorations, separators etc, set in pixels do not scale with the dpi settings. Could we use "mm" for their settings instead?
- checkbox, radiobox the indicator appears tiny wrt the text

Is there a way to detect from tkinter a high res display and force a window scaling x2 for everything?
What is your experience with such displays?

Vasilis