[Tkinter-discuss] Running from a cron job?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 14 14:18:10 EDT 2023

On 15/02/2023 20:58, Bob Greschke wrote:
> Hi!

Hi, sorry for a late response.

> I'm writing a tkinter utility, more than a program,

Why use Tkinter if there is no GUI?

>  plots the data from the file(s) that do not have a
> corresponding image file, does an ImageGrab.grab() of the Canvas

Could you not create the image directly using PIL/Pillow, say?
I've no experience of plotting data directly to an image
file but it sounds like it should be viable and avoids
Tkinter. Just a thought.

Again, no personal experience but matplotlib or gnuplot may
also be able to work directly with files. It seems likely.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site