[Tracker-discuss] Getting Started
seefeld at sympatico.ca
Wed Nov 1 16:19:04 CET 2006
Paul Dubois wrote:
> OK I'm on board on this. Subversion on python.org, separate tracker
> I'd like to hear what had to be done for the 'contest-winning' prototype,
> and what the feedback was on it. Can we just put that one up? How did the
> data get migrated?
The tracker instance contains a custom schema, and custom html templates.
Data were imported with a script Erik wrote that extracted the content
from the sf.net tracker.
What I think we should do is this:
* get our meta-tracker up and running
* set up a subversion module for the tracker, and import the existing
* set up the 'real' tracker instance based on the prototype, and create
accounts for us admins, as well as reviewers for experimentation; allow
us to reinitialize it as we make changes to the schema
* ask the various reviewers of the prototype to provide us a shopping list
of things to enhance, or, better yet, let them participate in the discussions
in the meta-tracker
* enhance the tracker incrementally, until everybody is satisfied
* do a final import of the data from sf.net, and do the final switch
Does this sound like a plan ?
...ich hab' noch einen Koffer in Berlin...
More information about the Tracker-discuss