[Tracker-discuss] [issue105] Dealing with spam
Martin v. Löwis
metatracker at psf.upfronthosting.co.za
Thu May 17 09:25:57 CEST 2007
Martin v. Löwis added the comment:
I have now created another anti-spam feature: developers and coordinators will
find "Spammer" buttons on issues, messages, and files (for files, it's on the
This is implemented by:
1. creating a Spammer role
2. assigning the Spammer role to all reported spammers,
dropping their User role. As a consequence, they lose Web Access permission.
3. creating a 'Report spammer' permission.
4. assigning the Report spammer permission to developers and coordinators.
5. changing View and Edit permissions on issues to require that the issue is not
created by a spammer, for Anonymous, User, and Developer roles. As a
consequence, these three groups will not be able to see issues, messages, and
files created by a spammer. Coordinators continue to see them.
6. changing the UI to add "Spammer" buttons if the user has "Report spammer"
permission. These buttons invoke a "reportspam" action, which assigns the
Meta Tracker <metatracker at psf.upfronthosting.co.za>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 7602 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tracker-discuss/attachments/20070517/22dde4e7/attachment.bin
More information about the Tracker-discuss