[triangle-zpug] Another Successful Plone Boot Camp and Other Items of Interest

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Tue Aug 14 00:34:37 CEST 2007

Hi TriZPUGlians,

We just put another 118 people through two weeks and three sessions of
Plone Boot Camp. It was grueling. It was fun. And we managed to have
very few leftovers this time. Whoo-hoo!

Big thanks to Rob Lineberger for the Green Joes coffee sponsorship and
the run to Costco (check's in the mail). Thanks also to Mike and those
who helped clean up.

Everytime we do a boot camp, I learn something about how to do them.
This time I learned just because a classroom space is available in
August doesn't mean you should do a boot camp in August. The heat was
just unbearable some days.

Some news:

Frank W. has a new release candidate of Jython (which he will tell us
about at the next meeting):

A new Plone 3.0 book is coming out very soon:

There is a Python 3000 sprint at Google in Mountain View and Chicago
next week:

Very high level outline of how Python runs and helps scale YouTube:

EVE Online is the coolest thing I've ever seen done with Python, and I'm
not a gamer or from Iceland or have a cluster of mil-grade servers.
Here's how the people behind EVE scale their huge and graphic intensive
MPMPORPG with Stackless:

Chris Calloway
office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 962-4323