[triangle-zpug] Jython talk @ TriZPUG meeting, Aug. 28 Tuesday 7 p.m.

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Fri Aug 24 17:47:03 CEST 2007

Frank Wierzbicki wrote:
> Too bad it is so hard to make a living outside of Java development
> around here

Heh. That's how I got into a Python job. There are so many more Java
developers here than jobs. Well, at least during the crash a few years
ago. There were unemployed 10,000 Java developers here all competing for
the same three crappy job openings.

I found putting yourself out there as a Python developer gets you into a
completely different and higher realm in so many ways but especially
people-wise. No more boring putzy MVC apps pushing beans around for
counters and pointy headed bosses.

--
Sincerely,

Chris Calloway
http://www.seacoos.org
office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 962-4323