[triangle-zpug] Speakers for January Meeting

Dave Powell jdavep at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 03:49:05 CET 2007

personally, i would love to see a whole meeting on design patterns in
general (although i am sure a whole evening could be spent on decorators
alone)...for those of us who lack more formal CS training i think it would
be pretty useful...(and probably a good conversation topic for the
experienced folks too)...

thx...
..dave p

On 1/16/07, Chris Calloway <cbc at unc.edu> wrote:

> Jim Allman wrote:
> > - an AJAX-powered homepage based on Plone's quick-search, showing
> > filtered document results
> >
> > - a corporate e-card site with email notification, Flash cards, private
> > editing, and a public domain for display
> >
> > - using CMFEditions to auto-save versioned data, then showing its
> > evolution in a concise table using ZPT
> >
> > - centralized user management across multiple Plone sites, using SSL and
> > the new AjaxProxy product
> >
> > - using ClockServer to trigger periodic tasks in Zope without cron
> >
> > - securing a Plone site with SSL, SessionCrumbler, and expiring sessions
>
> Holy crap! +1 to any of those! And I'll hold generators/decorators in
> the can until such time as we need a presentation (those are kind of the
> cliche topics for Python user groups anyway).
>
> Folks coming to UNCZPUG on the same day may still see the generators or
> decorators talk if there are no other presentations forthcoming.
>
> Good news: Cleveland, Chicago, and San Francisco are all planning PyCon
> 2008 bids.
>
> Other good news: TriZPUG helped start Houston ZPUG last week:
>
> http://trizpug.org/boot-camp/hpyc1/hpyc1-hzpug
>
> and it was fun.
>
> --
> Sincerely,
>
> Chris Calloway
> http://www.seacoos.org
> office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 962-4323
> mail: Campus Box #3300, UNC-CH, Chapel Hill, NC 27599

j david powell
craf7 design
1017 broad st.
durham, nc  27705
919.345.8370
jdavep at craf7.com

We did it!!  I've reached my fundraising goal in the fight against blood
cancers, and I've completed our 100 mi. ride at Lake Tahoe!

Thanks so much to all of you who've supported me throughout the training and
the fundraising!  Without your help, I never would have been able to do it.

Team in Training and the Leukemia Lymphoma Society:
http://www.lls.org    http://www.teamintraining.org

My Blog:
http://dave.tntcyclist.org