[triangle-zpug] July Meetup

Mike Revoir mrevoir at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 20:59:58 CEST 2007

On 7/23/07, David Handy <david at handysoftware.com> wrote:

The kinds of questions I have are:

> * Can you moderate users joining a Plone site (i.e. intercept the request
>   and approve/deny/ask for more details?)

CMFMember and Membrane allow for this.

* How do you make the list of users only listable/searchable after one has
>   logged in? (Out of the box, the members list is publicly available.)

This is definitely doable. Part of it involves setting the security on the
portal tabs (I think its still there in Plone 2.5+).

* What kind of Plone blogging products are available? How well do they work?
> * What is it like trying to integrate the Plone users list with mailing
> lists,
>   external databases, etc? (Easy, hard, impossible, requires custom code,
>   never done, often done, ...?)
> * And more...
>
> Will anyone having experience on these topics be coming to Tuesday's
> meeting? And be willing to answer some basic questions and provide
> beginning
> advice and pointers?

Sounds like a great idea. I'll see everyone tomorrow night.

Mike