[triangle-zpug] Meeting tomorrow (was Re: Jython talk?)

Frank Wierzbicki fwierzbicki at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 18:03:00 CEST 2007

On 6/25/07, Chris Calloway <cbc at unc.edu> wrote:
> Frank W, thanks for joining this list and having interest in presenting
> Jython to us. I enjoyed your Jython talk at PyCon.
Thanks for the kindness, but I promise to do better... I hadn't given
a talk of that sort since I left science in the 90's and I
overestimated the ease of putting it together.  I learned at least one
lesson: less talk more demo.

> If you want to give a talk for any particular meeting, all you have to
> do is declare it on this email list. You don't need to take a poll about
> who would be interested. We practice the shotgun rules for meetings. If
> you volunteer to give a talk at a particular time, then who is anybody
> else to say you should or shouldn't? :)
cool.

> So since you've chosen August, you're "it" for August.
Fair enough.  Given my experience at pycon, it is good that I don't
need to give a length :)

> This helps spread the travel out among our widely dispersed
> participants. Well, for all except Mark Biggers who, coming from
> Yadkinville every month, wins the Most Miles Logged On Behalf Of TriZPUG
> Award.
Ouch.

> We have one person who occasionally comes from South Carolina to
> meetings.
Double ouch.

> As the August host, I'll be glad to post a meeting announcement on the
> website about your Jython talk. I like it when we can get meeting
> announcements posted well in advance. :)
Great!  Please do.

> We definitely have rooms scheduled for July (Duke), August (UNC),
> October (Duke) and November (UNC). Frank, if you'd like to contact Paul
> Smith at Capstrat in Raleigh, maybe you guys could work out something
> concerning sharing the hosting of the meetings during the months when we
> meet in Raleigh (June and September for the rest of this year).
Okay I'll check with Red Hat first (though since we hosted a Ruby
thing last week, I bet it isn't a problem).

-Frank