[triangle-zpug] Last night's meeting recap for new Python User Group Blog

Frank Wierzbicki fwierzbicki at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 14:55:51 CEST 2007

On 6/27/07, David Handy <david at handysoftware.com> wrote:
> Python is getting cooler and cooler. It wasn't all that long ago that almost
> no one I talked with, software developers included, had heard of it...
I've had the same experience.  I've been the lone Python guy at so
many companies -- but now I think Python is really hitting mainstream
acceptance.  I think there are a bunch of high visibility success
stories that are really getting developer attention lately.  Google's
vocal use and support, the use of Python in OLPC and Ubuntu, the fact
that UTube is written in Python (take that scalability doubters!).

-Frank