[triangle-zpug] PyCon2008 venue pix

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Tue Mar 20 21:05:22 CET 2007

Crown Plaza O'Hare (Rosemont, IL):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pollari/sets/72157600001539055/detail/

I'ved stayed there. It's on the far west side of Chicago, four exits
down from the airport. The closest thing is a Hummel Museum. You'll have
to take the train into the Chicago to find anything interesting. One
good thing is it is next to a huge forested park. It also has an indoor
pool like the Dallas PyCon location.

I followed the threads on ChiPy that led up to this selection.
Basically, downtown was too expensive and the outlying university areas
weren't very cooperative. Considering you don't have time at PyCon to do
anything but go to talks, BOFs, and sprints, it's an OK thing that an
affordable location with proper facilities was selected:

http://www.crowneplazaohare.com/

ChiPy is going to bypass the hotel's iBAHN network and drop their own
T1s over an SBC provided existing T3 into the hotel.

--
Sincerely,

Chris Calloway
http://www.seacoos.org
office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 962-4323