[triangle-zpug] Plone Jam - Thursday, Nov 15 @ Duke

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Tue Nov 13 18:48:18 CET 2007

Mike Revoir wrote:
> Here are the updated instructions for gaining access to the Hock Plaza.

Mike, is it OK to bring food and/or non-alcoholic drink to this
conference room at Hock Plaza?

Just a heads up. There are many things I'd like to work on at our
upcoming Plone Jams. So many things, so little time. But there's one
thing that I came across this morning that kind of excites me so much
that I'm soliciting some help on it and it's the kind of thing which
fits into the time frame of a single Plone Jam.

I think a user of one of my sites discovered a very obscure bug in Plone
2.5 this morning having to do with Owner inherited local roles for
groups in private subfolders of group workspaces.

I'd like some help confirming this bug across platforms and seeing if it
also applies to Plone 3.

If I can get some third person confirmation about this to show I'm not
misunderstanding what's going on, it would justify later creating test
cases and then tracking down the cause and fix for this bug. I currently
have a workaround but it's manual and involves knowing what to do when
in a special edge case.

As obscure as this sounds, it actually fits a fairly common real world
use case (a team of people working on some public and some confidential
information). And so if it's a real bug, I needs to be fixed.

If you don't have a lot of Plone chops and that is scaring you away from
participating in a Plone Jam, please come. Helping me confirm this bug
is an easy introductory activity which involves things like running
development instance installs and walking through short user scenarios.
You'll be helping make Plone more robust.

See you Thursday!

--
Sincerely,

Chris Calloway
http://www.seacoos.org
office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 962-4323