[triangle-zpug] KSS presentation posted

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Thu Nov 29 00:42:23 CET 2007

I enjoyed seeing many of you last night and especially enjoyed hanging
out with some of you at Milltown. Eric Leary came again and Don Hopkins
was a newcomer. Rob, Brad C, Hiawatha, Jim, and Edmund also were there.

I look forward to seeing y'all again next week for the Repoze party.

Last night's presentation is posted here:

http://trizpug.org/Members/cbc/kss-part-one-online/

Jim, to answer your question from last night, I was able today to put
two action-server properties in one KSS rule and have it work. Two
action-servers triggered two different callable methods, each method
selecting a different set of DOM nodes to operate on. I passed a
parameter to each of the actions, also. I even put an action-client in
the same rule and all three actions worked off the same event trigger at
once.

So that is something a little different from CSS. I guess it is
important to emphasize that KSS is has CSS-compliant *syntax* (but not
the same execution).

What would be interesting is to have two actions in one rule, both
manipulating the same DOM node, and see which one wins. It is reported
that you can put the actions and parameters in the rule in any order.
But I wonder if order has an effect on the sequence of actions triggered
in the KSS engine on the client.

--
Sincerely,

Chris Calloway
http://www.seacoos.org
office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 962-4323