[triangle-zpug] question about displaying the contents of a smart folder

Mark R. Biggers biggers at utsl.com
Wed Apr 9 23:27:37 CEST 2008

Stephanie Thirolle writes:
 > Hi All,
 > I'm trying to create a page template that displays the contents of a
 > smart folder.  I've successfully displayed a standard folder with the
 > following code:

Hi Stephanie, I hope this helps:

  http://plone.org/documentation/tutorial/plonebatch/usage/?searchterm=querycatalog

Also try:

  http://google.com/codesearch  with search_terms:

    file:\.pt$ querycatalog batch

You can also "Clouseau" on a Smartfolder object, to find out its methods,
and you might have found the 'queryCatalog' methd that way.

FYI, a "SmartFolder" is an ATTopic content-type (Clouseau would have helped
here, too) - note the methods def'd on ATTopic:

 /plone-site/Products/Plone-2.5.5/ATContentTypes/content/topic.py

have fun,
----mark

hmm, Clouseau at a Plone Jam... if you want it.