[triangle-zpug] PyCamp concurrent with Plone Boot Camp

Tom Roche Tom_Roche at pobox.com
Wed Apr 16 20:13:42 CEST 2008

Chris Calloway Tue, 15 Apr 2008 19:41:25 -0400
 > Who would come to PyCamp? Would you?

Depends on content, cost, location, etc:

http://www.zope.org/Members/cbc/pycamp06
 >> PyCamp, our new Python Boot Camp, takes a programmer familiar with
 >> basic programming concepts to the status of Python developer with
 >> one week of training. The training is geared towards scientific and
 >> research computing.

I'm a former java and perl developer entering UNC environmental
sciences (where folks I've talked with seem to be working almost
exclusively in python) fall 08. Given location=UNC (previously
mentioned?) and content like above, PyCamp sounds good.  (I'm in
Chapel Hill and prefer not to drive. I'm also currently unemployed,
so cost matters, but I could probably hack $250.) I should probably
also do the 24 Apr meeting, but both the time (Thursday evenings) and
location (Raleigh) are difficult for me.

FWIW, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche at pobox.com>