[triangle-zpug] PyCamp concurrent with Plone Boot Camp

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Thu Apr 17 17:37:39 CEST 2008

On 4/17/2008 5:59 AM, Scott Hicks wrote:
> I am interested in the PyCamp boot camp.  What kind of interest is needed in
> order to have this event?

40 people.

> Is there a defined outline for the course, or
> does it depend upon the interest of the participants?

Defined outline. I assume the interest is to learn Python. The material
in the can from last time. I spent several hundred hours putting it
together. I don't get in front of 40 people and wing it with whatever
anybody is interested in. It's a boot camp. You come. You learn. Or drop
and give me twenty. :)

*Depending* on how many people are going to Regular Plone Boot Camp and
then PyCamp, *and* how much time I might have to do this beforehand,
*some* of the material later in the week might be retooled to Plone
examples. This is something Joel and I have talked about. However, I
would limit that according to how many people in PyCamp class are not
there because of Plone. It would take pretty much a unanimously Plone
class to go beyond anything more than, "Let's use Clouseau to go
exploring in Plone with Python," though.

--
Sincerely,

Chris Calloway
http://www.secoora.org
office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530