[triangle-zpug] Two Plone Symposia and Plone Training available in March

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Fri Feb 1 20:39:13 CET 2008

I draw your attention to a couple of events for your calendar:

First, the Plone East Coast Symposium at Penn State March 12 and 13:

http://plone.org/events/regional/plone-symposium-2008/plone-symposium-east-2008/
http://plone.org/events/regional/plone-symposium-2008/plone-symposium-2008/

This is being put on by PSU Weblion (#weblion on irc.freenode.net),
which is a large group of Plone developers at Penn State. They would
really like a big involvement from Higher Education at this symposium.
They are really looking to do seriously Plone4Universities collaboration
work with universities in the Triangle. Get your department on board.

If you need Plone training right away, you might look at the training
days, March 10 and 11, connected with this symposium. There are three
2-day training events before the symposia: Plone Skinning (what Veda
taught in Naples), Plone Content Management (what Darci taught in
Naples), and Plone 3 Techniques (taught by Joel Burton we are hosting
here in August as a 3-day event if you'd rather wait until then).

BTW, don't forget we have two Plone Boot Camps coming back to UNC in
August. We have a long lead time in notice for these this year. So there
should be no reason not to get them on your calendar. Registration won't
open until later. But you can plan your budgets now:

http://trizpug.org/boot-camp/pbc4/

The other event you might want to pencil in on your calendar is the
return of the Plone North American Symposium in New Orleans:

http://plone.org/events/community/new-orleans-symposium-2008/

Enfold hosted the first Plone Conference in '03 and two Plone North
American Symposia in '05 and '06 in New Orleans. I went to two out of
three and they were great. The symposium in New Orleans this year is
timed to coincide with the opening of the New Orleans Seafood Festival.
In many ways, the Plone North American Symposium is every bit as good as
the full International Plone Conference.

--
Sincerely,

Chris Calloway
http://www.seacoos.org
office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 962-4323