[triangle-zpug] Plone solutions providers

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Thu Jan 10 21:23:09 CET 2008

Mike Revoir wrote:
> Hello all, we're looking for a solutions provider to build our Intranet
> in Plone 3. Can anyone recommend a company that they've worked with in
> the past? I know a list was circulated a while ago, but I can't find
> that e-mail to use as a reference point.

This first company to stand up a custom Plone 3 site for clients was Six
Feet Up (Calvin Hendryx-Parker of the Plone 2.1 framework team and a
bunch of folks from Camp 5):

http://www.sixfeetup.com/

They do amazing beautiful work much more inexpensively than anyone with
similar experience (of which they have a lot). They are currently on
contract to UNC Arts and Sciences (for something called Easy Plone) plus
they are currently doing the entire web presence including intranet for
the Durham Public Schools. So you can take advantage of them being in
the area a lot.

They do a lot of hospital and university work (ask Kurt Bendl at Univ of
Louisville). And my project is chomping at the bit to release a proposal
for them to bid on which they've advised me on a lot. Calvin is also the
nicest person I've ever met in the Plone community. Six Feet Up is soup
to nuts. That is, they can go from initial design to robust complete
hosting and anything in between. They do a lot of Plone hosting and
turned me onto Zenoss.

--
Sincerely,

Chris Calloway
http://www.seacoos.org
office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 962-4323