[triangle-zpug] static list in python

Josh Johnson josh_johnson at unc.edu
Fri Mar 14 19:05:08 CET 2008

I agree, but there is the style guide and "convention" which I have a
hard time ignoring. I know the language is flexible and programmers are
free to do what works best for them, but conventions, if their sane and
logical language-wise, are very good things. And most of them aren't
really apparent to people who haven't sought them out.

I think your example might be a bit flawed, from what I understand there
are specific consequences to using underscores in names (I'm looking at
the style guide... I don't know from first hand experience).

But I know what you mean. Maybe a better example would be the convention
that "constants" are named in upper case? It's definitely an idiom
(python doesn't have constants in the C sense)... but then again, even
though variable naming is a matter of preference, there is a (weekly)
established convention.

Maybe "definitive" wasn't such a good word? :) I think I meant it in the
sense of "complete" as opposed to "canonical" ...."well thought out"
instead of "final"...

JJ