[triangle-zpug] UML + AXG -- Re: Plone Jam 3/20/08

Josh Johnson josh_johnson at unc.edu
Tue Mar 18 21:31:29 CET 2008

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say that model driven development is
falling out of favor (least in my case), it's more like model-driven
_code generation_ is turning out to be a real pipe dream.

To put it differently: I still think I'm in love with UML, I just don't
want to have code babies with it.

I think it's also important to mention that "model driven" can mean a
lot of different things. A zope3 interface can "say" all the same things
a UML model does, just in code instead of pictures, so it's still
"modeling"  (as far as I'm concerned anyway). :)

JJ