[triangle-zpug] Tonight's meeting

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Tue Mar 25 20:49:34 CET 2008

TriZPUGlians,

At tonight's meeting, and continuing on this list, please discuss:

1) Efficacy of moving our meeting night *back* to fourth Wednesday. For
the rest of the year, Tuesday nights are going to be difficult for me
and a few other politically active TriZPUG members. We met on fourth
Wednesdays for many years and moved to fourth Tuesday at a request of a
member who no longer has that constraint.

2) Which O'Reilly books you'd like me to request for us through our user
group program with O'Reilly. Especially if you will commit to writing a
book review. Doesn't have to be a Python book ('Head Rush Ajax' comes to
mind). But of course, as a Python user group, I would expect a
preference for Python books, even though O'Reilly hasn't been especially
active in the Python book category for a couple of years. However,
PyAtl's Noah Gift is blogging about Python at O'Reilly's OnLamp:
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/3039 . If you want to write a Python
book, our user group program can hook you up. Noah has a Python
sysadmining book coming out soon.

--
Sincerely,

Chris Calloway
http://www.secoora.org
office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530