[TriZPUG] Python classes?

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Wed Apr 15 20:55:25 CEST 2009

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009, Philip Semanchuk wrote:

> Hi all,

> I have a friend who has some "use it or lose it" training
> funds available to him and is looking to spend it on some
> Python education. Is there anything available in the area?

Not exactly what you asked for, but once a week I teach a
course on programming for Middle School kids, using python
as the teaching language (the emphasis is on learning
programming, rather than python). The notes are at

http://www.austintek.com/python_class/index.html

and it's free (you read the notes and do the exercises).

David Handy, also on this list, has a book on teaching
python to young people.

http://www.handysoftware.com/cpif/

Joe