[TriZPUG] plone to pdf

Dimauro, Frank FDimauro at unch.unc.edu
Fri Aug 21 17:12:17 CEST 2009

Chris
Neither of these releases are stable or appear ready for Plone 3.x.
Thanks anyway. I will keep my eyes open and would be interested in
sprinting on this if the occasion arises. This is a product we can
really make use of once it is released.

Frank DiMauro

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 14:17:54 -0400
From: Chris Calloway <cbc at unc.edu>

I can't advise you on that specific product, but you might want to
look at these also:

http://plone.org/products/smartprintng/
http://plone.org/products/ploneoootransforms/

The prereqs, and thus the install, for any PDF transform product are
going to be convoluted because all the helper libraries are external
to the products (no need to rewrite them).

You are definitely on the right path, though, to get your organization
to use the CMS as a the content editing system instead of Word. You
can always export Word from HTML (look at those products above). But
HTML generated form Word is always going to be ugly to clean up (yes,
even after the existing products which tidy up Word output are used).
Using Word is irresponsible because it traps your content.

--
Sincerely,

Chris Calloway
http://www.secoora.org
office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530