[TriZPUG] Happy New Year Gift for TriZPUG

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Thu Dec 31 08:55:45 CET 2009

Joseph Tate asked at the last meeting if TriZPUG has a Planet site.

I replied, when someone in the do-acracy gets around to making one, we
will.

I had an evening on my hands. I'd been frustrated by the huge pile of
projects hounding me which all require a month or more of isolation to
finish well. I needed something quick and fun to do while on holiday
vacation.

I found this crazy bundle of Python scripts called Venus slapped
together by Sam Ruby (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Ruby). It makes
making a Planet site an easy evening's worth of tinkering around.

So, I got around to making http://planet.trizpug.org in one evening
and then maybe another evening of tinkering around with tuning it.

I populated it with a few blogs I knew about. If your blog is listed
there and you don't want it on Planet TriZPUG, just let me know and I
will delist it.

If you participate in TriZPUG, have a blog that is at least sometimes
about Python, and don't see it listed there, please accept my
apologies. I wasn't trying to intentionally overlook anyone. Just send
me your blog feed's URL and I will get it listed right away. The more
the merrier. If you have a feed that's limited to just your Pythonic
or IT-related posts, even better.

Planet TriZPUG requests  feeds every hour on the half hour. I think
that's probably an acceptable number of requests.

Thanks to Mitch Amiano who caught an error in next month's meeting
announcement. It's been fixed. The meeting will be on Thursday,
January 28 at 7pm in the conference room of Carrboro Creative
Coworking: http://trizpug.org/Members/bac/jan-10-mtg . Kurt Grandis
will talk about Fabric: http://wiki.fabfile.org/ .

--
Sincerely,

Chris Calloway
http://www.secoora.org
office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530